WElcome to my blog! Here you can see my recent work and browse some of my recent weddings. My Wedding Photography Collections start at $1250, my email is MindyMier@hotmail.com
Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Now I lay me down to sleep. org


On wednesday I received a call from my coordinator for Now I lay Me Down to sleep. I was asked to go take pictures for a little baby girl that was not doing well. I arrived at the Hospice Center to find an amazing mom with a very sick little girl. I remember her mom asking me how hard doing "this job" is, and I think my answer was a little lacking. I said "sometimes it is hard, but not always". I thought about my answer...thinking that was such a dumb answer, but not really. I guess I knew what I meant.

I usually I cry on the drive there and I always cry on the way home. I sometimes cry with the family while taking the pictures and I always cry while editing the pictures and I cry some more when I make their Cd. So, why I said only sometimes it is hard...I don't know. The pain that "My Parents" are going thur at the time that I get to meet them...is enexplainable. Because I have never experienced this kind of loss...I can only explain it as ....helplessly seeing a part of your heart riped from you. That is is.. that is the only way I can explain thier loss. And we are asked not to share our 'personal beliefs while photographing" to respect their privacy and their own beliefs. But, I guess the the other side of my original questions was this.... I have a sweet assurance that bring me comfort, my belive if God...... I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know the Savior lived and died for us and that "my parents" will see and be with their children once more. I know where their little spirits will be once they leave this earth and it gives me peace to know that if I lost once of my own children, I would belive the same thing. That doesn't make is easy....like I said, I cry a lot with this calling. But I know I have the sweet assurance that their is a purpose to life and once that purpose is thru, we return to our maker. I am so honored to be able to help in the healing process with these amazing families, by giving them these images of their precous babies last moments here on this earth. I have met some amazing people going thru some terrible events in their lives. I hope that I can be strong to serve them in this compacity, to gift them this act of service.

To find out more about this free service go to http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment